Apologies for errors-see recent posts at this blog for Study Guides for the rest of the series.
Dreams are big in Book 3, with lots of references to previous dreams in the series
Dream referred to in City of Glass p29 of City of Glass when Simon could not stay because “this place if for the living.” She had been dancing in a ballroom in Alicante wearing green velvet with the mermaid statue.
City of Ashes dreams:
P72 Jace dreams father is breaking his bones
p126 Jocelyn marks Clary to protect her
p171 Lakev Lyn gold and black angel with wings
Long is the way And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. John Milton, Paradise Lost
P2 Why wouldn’t you be able to wear pants there? It’s another country, not another century.
P7 Maryse trusts the Clave too much.
She has to believe they’re perfect and I can’t tell her they aren’t, because…
Because that’s something Valentine would say…
… no one is perfect.
P12 Normal isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
P32 Description of Isabelle – The first time Simon had ever seen Isabelle, he’d found her so striking, so alight with life and vitality and energy, he’d thought he’d finally found a girl who burned bright enough to blot out the image of Clary that always seemed to be oriented on the inside of his eyelids. It was right around the time she’d gotten him turned into a rat at Magnus Bane’s loft party that he’d realized maybe Isabelle burned a little too bright for an ordinary guy like him.
P36 I created a bunch of Forsaken warriors, had them attack the institute and kill Madeleine and nearly kill the rest of us, just so that I could keep Clary at home. And lo and behold, my diabolical plan is working.
P37 I never agreed to this.
You did. ..When you said you’d do anything for Clary. This is anything.
P37 …there was an electric anger in his gaze, and a sort of challenge that made Simon long to hit him with something heavy. Like a pickup truck.
P46 You’ll have to forgive her; she has the face of an angel and the manners of a Moloch demon.p48 You’d better hurry up to the Gard and back. God knows what depravity we might get up to here without your guidance.
P55 Ave atque vale Hail and farewell
P60 Mene mene tekel upharsin It’s the Writing on the wall “God hath numbered thy kingdom and brought it to an end; thou art weighed in the balance and found wanting. It’s a portent of doom-it means the end of an empire. What Clary can do overturns everything that is true – only angels have the power to create runes. ‘Just as the rebellion of the angels split heaven in half and created hell-this could mean the end of the Nephilim as they currently exist.’
P73 Isabelle only likes dating thoroughly inappropriate boys our parents will hate. Mundanes, Downworlders, petty crooks…
Thanks…I’m glad to be classed with the criminal element.
P75 Maybe you should call him, Simon suggested, trying not to think too hard about how weird it was to be giving a demon hunter advice about possibly dating warlock.
P91 Now I wonder all the time how you go back after something like that. Whether we can ever be friends again, or if what we had is broken into pieces. Not because of her but because of me.
P108 How had it happened, Simon thought, that he was bound to these people who thought of him as nothing more than a Downworlder, half human at best.
P117 Go ahead and do whatever you want, regardless of who it hurts. You always do anyway, don’t you?
P121Ihate it when you act like this.
Oh you hate it, do you? Well I’d better stop doing it then hadn’t I? I mean you do everything I ask you to do.
P122 I don’t feel like talking …to either of you, as a matter of fact.
Yes, you do, Alec said. You really want to talk to me about this.
P123 Ah the I told you so…always a classy move.
P127 So, killing Downworlders is a lucrative business…So, you can see why there’s so much opposition to the Accords. It cuts into people’s pocketbooks. (reason for joining The Circle, they murdered out of sacred duty, not greed)But I’m not going to get older, Simon thought.
P129 And as for the Lightwoods, Simon said, it’s not that I like them that much. I mean I like Isabelle, and I sort of like Alec and Jace, too. But there’s this girl and Jace is her brother.
…Isn’t there always a girl.
P135 I have a fetish for damsels in distress.
Don’t be sexist.
Not at all. My services are also available to gentlemen in distress. It’s an equal opportunity fetish.
p136 Why not use a healing rune? This isn’t a demon injury.
Because..I think it would do you good to feel the pain. You can heal like a mundane. Slow and ugly. Maybe you’ll learn something..Although, I doubt it.
P137 Maybe you just never knew what it was like to want something you couldn’t have before.
P138 Hurting people he loved was almost as good as hurting himself when he was in this kind of mood.
P138 Love make us liars.
P140 She’d given so much thought these past few weeks as to whether she loved Jace Wayland and how that she’d never much paused to consider whether she liked him or not…
I do like him..I do, it’s just –he makes me furious.He tells me what I can and can’t do—
Doesn’t seem to work very well…
You seem to do what you want anyway.
P150 You’re not happy to see me then?.. I have to say I’m surprised. I’ve always been told my presence brightened up any room. One might think that went doubly for dank underground cells.”
P167 I think there isn’t much that Jace wouldn’t do for you if you asked him”
P186 He might be right that things need fixing…But he’s not right about the way they should be fixed. You can see that can’t you?
P188 That’s very noble of him, but what’s his long range plan? To stay in jail forever?
P191 Consider it a race to see who kills you first Daylighter—Valentine, the other Downworlders, or the Clave.
P217 Sebastian from twelfth Night ..the malignancy of my fate might perhaps distemper yours therefore I shall crave of you your leave that I may bear my evils alone.
P238 Your city is under attack…The wards have been broken, and the streets are full of demons. And you want to know why I haven’t called you?
P239 You love me?
You stupid Nephilim..Why else am I here? Why else have I spent the past few weeks patching up your moronic friends every time they got hurt? And getting you out of every ridiculous situation you found yourself in? Not to mention helping you win a battle against Valentine? And completely free of charge!
P239 You’re seven hundred years old?
Well… eight hundred. But, I don’t look it.
P239 You won’t even admit I exist to your parents…
Tell you what…We Live through this, and I promise I’ll introduce you to my whole family.
P250 I can’t believe you ddidn’t recognise me. It’s not like all wolves look alike.
And grosss by the way. I can’t believe I munched all that demon. I hope I’m not allergic.
p250 I’m really grateful to you for saving us, Maia and Jace is too, even though he’s so stubborn that he’d rather jam a seraph blade in his eyeball than say so.
P268 You had to make a crazy jail friend, didn’t you? You couldn’t just count ceiling tiles or tame a pet mouse like normal prisoners do.
P276 ..to live your life ashamed not just of what you’d done but of what you were doing and of what you knew you’d do again? Hodge had given up a long time ago trying to live a better life or a different one; all he wanted was not to be afraid and so he was afraid all the time.
P282 I swear there are utterly lightless demon dimensions out there that are less dim than the bunch of you.
P284 I’ve never killed a human being with one of these before… But I’m willing to try.
P294 More nightmares?
Same stuff. Death, destruction, bad angels.
So, a lot like real life then.
Yeah, but at least when I wake up, it’s over.
P295 She wondered why she’d ever thought trusting someone who wore that much eyeliner was a good idea.
P299 She was really upset.
As one would be if one’s nephew turned out to be an evil mastermind.
P300 I thought Jace was the kind of guy who was everyone’s type.
P302 And he told you that being around you was like bleeding to death slowly. Do you really think he needs that when he’s already at Max’s funeral?
P306 Clarissa… here with a vampire, I see. When things have settled a bit, we really must discuss your choice of pets.
P310 You say you hate the Clave but you’re the one who made them what they are now—petty and paranoid.
P315 Jace, Clary thought, on the other hand, all in white, looked like an angel. Albeit one of the avenging kind.
P316He reached into the Inquisitor and twisted..There was a lot of blood
Like a special bonus for you, Jace said to Simon.
Has there ever been an Inquisitor who didn’t die a horrible death? It’s like being the drummer in spinal tap.
P317 He didn’t care enough about his children not to destroy them…What makes you think he’d care about his people?
P 318 Im pretty sure he didn’t care one way or another whether I lived or died..
I think you‘re being too hard on him…I’m sure he’d rather you’d died.
P 319 You can lock yourself in your room like Isabelle.
I’m not going to do that.
Of course you’re not…Because you live to torture me don’t you/
P321 Luke is trying to get the Clave to think in a new way. That’s exactly what Valentine did, even if his goals were—well not the same Luke’s an iconoclast. He wants to change. To Valentine, the Inquisitor represents the old, hidebound Clave he hates so much.
P322 Despair, anger, hate. These are demon qualities.
P309 p328 You’d keep your mouth shut for your brother’s sake, if not for your own.
P330 I’d always wanted a girl and then gotten to know her and then not wanted her anymore, but with you the feeling just got stronger and stronger until that night you showed up at Renwick’s and I knew.
Renwicks also mentioned p306 Compares Luke and Valentine – who last met at Renwicks
P331 There is no pretending…I love you and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that I will love you then.
P343 But don’t you see—it can only be me…Even if Valentine senses I’m following him, he might let me get close enough–
P345 …I want you to keep it in mind while you make your battle plans. That I’m out there, looking for Valentine. If I find him, I’ll send you a message…Think of me as your backup plan…
P345 Despite everything, I can’t bear the thought of this ring being lost forever, any more than I can bear the thought of leaving you forever. And though I have no choice about the one, at least I can choose about the other.
P346 You could say anything you liked to someone you thought you were never going to see again.
P349 But I trust that Jace has his reasons for—
For what? For wanting to die?
…Do you think the rest of us are safe? We’re all waiting to die or be enslaved.
P350 I will l miss him every day…for the rest of my life, which, let’s face it, if Jace fails, will probably be about a week long.
P350 Girls always fell in love with him, but he never cared. I think that’s why Alec thought—
P351 And then after what happened to Simon at the party, he was willing to go to the Dumort, to break Clave Law, just to save a mundane he didn’t even like.
P352 I started to hate seeing you, I hated for Jace to see you. It’s like an injury you get from demon poison—you have to leave it alone and let it heal. Every time you rip the bandages off, you just open the wound up again. Every time he sees you, it’s like tearing off the bandages.
P352 I don’t hate you Clary. I even like you. If it were possible, there isn’t anyone I’d rather Jace be with. But I hope you can understand that if by some miracle we all get through this, I hope my family moves itself somewhere so far away that we never see you again.
P352 You can’t pretend you’re a bit player forever, Clary, not when you’re Valentine’s daughter. Not when Jace is doing what he’s doing partly because of you.
P359 Why didn’t you ever tell me I had a brother? (First thing Clary says to her mother)
P359 Knowing is better than not knowing. Every time.
P360 What do you think? That if I couldn’t see the bad things , that meant they couldn’t see me?
P360 You took all that away from me and it didn’t belong to you.
P364 Go ahead and join me. This mope-fest is open to all.
P366 If you ever meet the man who can take advantage of Isabelle you’ll have to let me know. I’d like to shake his hand. Or run away from him very fast, I’m not sure which.
P367 No one could be that annoying without some kind of supernatural assistance.
P371 It’s not like you had a choice…And it’s not like I didn’t know. You can only push the truth down for so long, and then it bubbles back up.
P372 ….I wanted to ask him why …he did not give us the powers the Downworlders have- the speed of the wolves, the immortality of the Fair Folk, the magic of warlocks, even the endurance of vampires…Why can’t we share in what they have?
P421 It’s like a cotillion, this partners business, except with killing.
So, exactly like a cotillion said Simon.
Maybe I’ll ask you to be my partner, Simon, Isabelle said, raising an eyebrow delicately.
P422 Whatever doesn’t kill me…had better start running.
Part One Sparks Fly Upward
1. The Portal – Clary wants to go to Idris to find Ragnor Fell to take the spell off her mother. Luke is not allowed to go to Idris, Jace has told Clary she can’t go because Valentine will be focussing on Idris. The Clave has called all active Clave members to Idris to discuss Valentine. The Clave wants to see Clary. Luke has bought Clary a coat. Simon is meeting Maia. Jace asks Simon to go to the institute to tell the other that Clary is not going. That he lied to the Clave about why the ship blew up- only Luke, Magnus, Simon and Jace know Clary did it. Forsaken attack, Max and Simon are injured Madeleine is killed.
2. The Demon Towers of Alicante p22. Magnus tells Clary of the attack. Says it would be against the law to open a Portal unless they are there to meet her, dangerous wards. She makes her own portal from her dream and she and Luke go through. Simon wakes up after being stabbed by a Forsaken. Jace has brought blood for Simon. Demon towers are made of the same material as the seraph blades. Luke rescues Clary from the wards and Lake Lyn which is poisonous. She loses her stele in the lake. Simon meets Aline and Sebastian. Alec goes to the Clave because he is the only one who is 18. No one knows where the mirror is-Silent Brothers might have known but are dead. P43 technology does not work in Alicante.
3. Amatis – p53 Clary sees her mother’s gravestone and her own – hallucination from the lake. Jace kicks Max out. Simon and Jace argue over Clary and Aline. Jace wants Simon to lie and say Clary did not want to come. He says Jace has to stop stringing Clary along when there is no future. Luke explains he is breaking the law by entering the city. P64 description of Alicante. Explanation that runes stop guns from igniting. Amatis takes in Clary. Nephilim- closed circle.p69 Sebastian and Jace both speak Romanian. Alec is to take Simon home.
4. Daylighter p72 Aldertree is new Inquisitor. Simon suggests he and Alec have something in common. Simon talks about effect of telling Clary. Simon tells Alec to call Magnus. Malachi says Simon will be sent back and Magnus will be waiting for him on the other side. Aldertree takes Simon. Clary has been calling for Jace. She is given medicine and finds out Amatis is Luke’s sister. Simon is questioned by Aldertree and imprisoned. The cell has the Seal of Solomon – which contains the True Names of God – repels demons and Jews. P89Jace finds out Alec left Simon with the Inquisitor.
5. The memory of a problem-p93 Luke has gone to the. Amatis’s last name is Herondale, she was Stephen’s first wife wolves. Stephen gave Amatis the house and she left the Circle. Imogen hunted the members of the Circle. Simon realizes drinking Jace’s blood may be the reason he is a daylighter, but won’t confess a lie for Aldertree who says he will starve him. He wants the Lightwoods as scapegoats. Clary goes to the Penhallows. Another prisoner explains Shadowhunters living outside the Clave are more tolerant of Downworlders. Says his name is Samuel Blackburn. Says many of Crcle recanted but he did not because he is more afraid of Valentine than the Clave. Clary tells Is, Jace has lied. Clary meets Sebastian p115 –who is her dream of a king’s son under a curse that everyone he loved would die.115 117 Max – always outsider. Clary finds Jace with Aline.
6. Bad Blood –p119 Clary and Jace argue. Clary lets out she had something to do with the ship. Jace is very harsh to Clary telling her to go home. She tells Jace he is like Valentine. Samuel explains how Aldertree always hated the Lightwoods. Explains how Shadowhunters get wealth of demons and Downworlders they kill. 130 Jace says please. Alec tells Jace that Simon is in jail. Jace breaks the window. Sebastian takes Clary home. Alec won’t use a healing rune on Jace because he deserves to feel pain. Asks Jace why he punishes himself. Jace asks Alec about Magnus, and says Alec is using Jace as an excuse. Jace gets Alec to lie for him to see Simon. Blue hour. Penhallows not really in Circle, and voted for leniency for Circle members. Clary rebuffs Sebastian, then tells him she is looking for Ragnor to save her mother. Amatis tells how she rejected Luke when he was bitten, though she let him stay with her before the Uprising. Amatis says there is always something you can do. She says Clary can come and go.
7. Where Angels fear to tread. P 149. Jace tells Simon the Accord do not apply if he is a spy. Simon tells Jace he was right and he’s glad Clary did not come as the Clave can’t be trusted. Simon says he will stay to protect the Lightwoods, but he needs blood. Jace says he doesn’t Simon’s deserve protection. Sebastian takes Clary to Ragnor on a horse.p160 Sebastian says Valentine did not love Jace. Magnus freezes Sebastian. House is a shambles. Ragnor had told Magnus that Valentine wanted a spell book. It is hidden at Wayland manor which is warded in another book. The make a deal about the book and curing Jocelyn. Share their lovelife problems. Magnus tells her not to trust Sebastian. Clary scared of horses. Sebastian takes her to Fairchild manor that burnt to the ground. Sebastian tries to kiss Clary. They frizz. Sebastian lets slip Jace has been visiting Simon because of Clary.
8. One of the living p177 Isabelle sends blood. Raphael appears to Simon and tells him to go and never see his family or Clary again. Jace is at Amatis’s and apologises and asks her to go home. Clary attacks him. Jace says he finds himself agreeing with Valentine that the Clave is corrupt and needs cleansing. Clary plans to get Magnus to break Simon out of jail when the Lightwoods have witnesses. Clary makes a portal and she and Jace go to Wayland manor.
9. This guilty blood p196 They find the book. Also, evidence of experiments and an angel. Clary has vision of her mother and Valentine and his experiments. Blood from Greater demon, Lady of Edom- says the child born with her blood will be very powerful, if trained properly, but it will burn out his humanity like poison. Valentine had summoned the angel, Ithurial, to find out why he didn’t give Shadowhunters more power. Ithurial has been sending Clary dreams. Clary changes the imprisonment runes to runes of release. Jace gives the angel the knife and it kills itself. The manor collapses. Clary has lost Jace’s stele. Jace has seen the past too. Jace thinks he is part demon. Says this explains his love for Clary. They kiss. Clary stops because of Valentine’s ring. Clary says Jace only wants her because he thinks he is evil and wants something to hate himself for, wants to prove he is worthless, that he is using her. They have to walk-find Alicante burning.
Stars shine Darkly
10. Fire and Sword p220 A monster seizes Aline. Is fights it. She realizes the wards are down.p230 Demons attack. Is envies mundane. Sebastian attacks Isabelle p234. Alec sees Magnus’s blue flames., saves his life. Magnus tells Alec he loves him.
11. All the host of hell. Jace has Jahoel. The werewolves race to Alicante. Clary names her blade Cassiel. Maia saves Jace and Clary. Malachi says the Nephilim do not need help. Clary gives the book to Magnus. Sebastian tries to get Clary alone-Magnus warns her again. Sebastian tells her Simon is still in prison. Sebastian makes her choose between him and Jace. P262 Jace tells Sebastian he doesn’t like him.
12. De profundis p264 Simon can think prayers but not say them. Jace and Clary rescue Simon and Samuel. They recognise Samuel is Hodge. Hodge said he had not heard from Valentine since the uprising. Hugo brought a message from Valentine the night before Jace arrived at the Institute. Hodge thought upbringing would make a difference. The Institute was a prison for Hodge. Hodge came to Idris after Valentine would not include him in his circle. Hodge knew the mirror was in Idris as he’d found only a mortal instrument could reverse the curse. He tells them the lake is the mirror.p275Fair Folk call the lake the mirror of dreams. Hodge said he couldn’t trust the Clave, that he wanted to stop Valentine. Sebastian kills Hodge. Simon has to go because of the blood. Hodge dies saying “Not you” to Jace, because he recognises Sebastian. Sebastian verbally attacks them. Jace and Sebastian fight – Seb is incredibly powerful. Jace has never killed a human with a seraph blade. Simon attacks Seb. They fight and Sebastian flees. Max is dead.
13. Where there is sorrow. P292. Clary has dreamt of the rune Ithurial showed her, but can’t work it out. Maia is bringing Simon blood. P296 Simon says people aren’t born good or bad. Aline tells Clary that Sebastian is an imposter and there could be others. Clary tells Luke. They can’t figure out how demon blood got into the city to take the wards down-there is a rune on the tower. Valentine appears as a projection. Says he has been proved right that Accords should have been broken. Luke says he has given them a common enemy. Valentine says he will destroy everyone with demons from the sword and make more Nephilim using the cup. Valentine kills Aldertree who called him a “demon-loving slime.
14. In the dark forest P314. Clary and Simon tell Jace about the ultimatum. Jace tells how Magnus is trying to track Sebastian. Jace shows respect for Simon. Jace realises Clary has Sebastian’s blood that can be used for tracking. Is has a toy solder that Max was holding when they found him—it was the only toy Jace brought from Idris Simon tries to comfort Isabelle and stays overnight. Clary sends Luke to check on Simon. Jace and Clary spend the night together.
15. Things fall apart p335 Jace tells Luke to give the Nephilim a deadline to reach a decision. Luke wonders if the pack way using violence is not better. Jace tells Luke he is going after Sebastian. Magnus has shown Jace a tracking rune like the one the Inquisitor used when Jace saw Valentine on the boat. Jace says it may surprise Valentine. Luke says Jace has to be sure he can kill Valentine. Jace tells Luke he has left notes and not to tell the Lightwoods he knew he was going or they will blame him. Luke says Jace reminds him or someone other than Valentine. P345 Jace has left Clary the Morgernstern ring. Isabelle and Simon are making breakfast. Clary shows Jace’s note to Isabelle. Jocelyn arrives.
The Way to Heaven
16. Articles of Faith p357 Clary is angry with her mother, she says she thought he was dead. Clary blames her for not teaching her to protect herself. Jace rides Wayfarer. Clary watches the Downworlders gather. Clary explains how she has to be able to visualise the runes. She tells Simon about the mark of Cain- a protection mark that is not in the gray book. She doesn’t know if it’s something she’s inventing or remembering. She offers Simon her blood. Simon refuses, says there is something special about Jace’s blood and Clary’s. Simon explains why he went to the Dumort. Clary remembers whatthe angel showed her. And remembers it is a binding rune. Clary tells the Clave she destroyed the ship, that she can create runes. They challenge Clary to create a rune. Amatis and the crowd sees Stephen. Clary says demons are the enemy, a mandate from heaven, and Downworlders hate demons too. Explains Valentine is jealous and afraid of Downworlders because they have talents he cannot share. She offers them a rune to share powers- as fast-healing as a vampire, as tough as a werewolf, as swift as a faerie knight.
17. The Shadowhunter’s Tale-p381 Jocelyn tells Clary that it is her dream to bind Downworlders and Shadowhunters together to protect the Accords. Jocelyn tells Clary the past. Madeleine was the only one who warned her not to marry Valentine. Jocelyn was pregnant when Luke was bitten. She had nightmares and was depressed- Valentine was giving her medicine. The baby was called Jonathan. Did not realise Valentine had forced Stephen to divorce Amatis.The baby had black eyes. Ragnor sent Jocelyn a message that Luke was alive. Luke asked Valentine about the screams from the cellar so he took him hunting and he was bitten the next day. Jonathan never cried, but Jocelyn heard a baby cry in the cellar, but it was his experiments, and she fond records of experiments on Valentine and Jocelyn and Jonathan. Jocelyn did not leave but began meeting with Luke to plan the uprising. Jocelyn would take Jonathan to play with Alec, and Celine was pregnant- Valentine was giving her potions as well. Stephen was killed in a raid- Hodge found Celine’s body. Jocelyn was afraid and Fell created a potion for her that would help her withstand torture by going into a coma, and an antidote. She also stayed because she was pregnant. She knew he wouldn’t let her go – he needed to die. She was not certain he died in the house with Jonathan so ran away. In the coma, Valentine told Jocelyn he had found angel blood-gives incredible strength-he had been mixing it in Jocelyn and Valentine’s food Valentine is as close as a Shadowhunter can get to being a warlock. Valentine said Jonathan was super strong but amoral- could never love him. Jocelyn has a star on her wrist. Jocelyn says she is not talking about Jace. Valentine and Hodge took Celine’s baby. Hodge cared for baby at his house until the Uprising. Then Val pretended to be Wayland. Clary finds out Jace is not her brother.
18. Hail and Farewell p411 Jace finds the house, but it is empty, so he follows Hugin. Simon tells Simon Jocelyn’s story so he can tell the Lightwoods. Clary has to prove the runes are safe on Luke and Jocelyn. Everyone over 18 forms pairs and marks each other. Raphael wants the Daylighter, because like Jace and Clary, he had undue power. P432 Jace observes Sebastian and Valentine. Simon asks Clary to mark him.
19. Peniel p441 Simon hands himself to Raphael who won’t kill him because of the mark, but says he must fight. P448 kill with one stab. Sebastian releases the demons early. P 451 Mortal instruments deal and Valentine’s demand. Jace cons Sebastian into fighting him. Sebastian wins. Jace learns the truth. Isabelle saves Jace. She tracked Jace through the toy. Jace kills Sebastian – see p448 and 466. p469 team of humanity moment with Simon. Calry sees Malachi and Hugin and Valentine. Malachi hits Hugin who kills him.
20. Weighed in the balance p476 Clary portals to the lake and Valentine saves her. Valentine gets Clary’s blood as it is already purified in the lake. Jace saves Clary. Valentine kills Jace with the mortal sword. Clary changes Valentine’s runes. Raziel appears. Clary is the master. Raziel kills Valentine and she gets one request- she saves Jace.
Epilogue – Across the sky in stars
Valentine is buried, but Sebastian’s body is not found. p507 reflections on Hodge. Aline says Jace may not be interested now it is not forbidden. Amatis gives Jace some of Stephen’s things. Luke and Jocelyn work things out. Simon wants to finish school. Final Jace and Clary stuff. Clary tells the Seelie Queen she needs no favors- she has everything she needs.