1. http://spotlight.macfound.org/blog/entry/the-digital-era-needs-human-guides-why-your-school-should-keep-not-cut-the- “in New York State, where some secondary schools are now in violation of a state law requiring certified librarians in middle and high school” “student-to-librarian ratio is one librarian for every 2,146 students this year, compared with 1 per 1,447 in 2005.”
2. 9 Reasons to Switch from Facebook to Google+ http://t.co/pjK5MNG
3. http://data.worldbank.org/ Data statistics
4. http://debategraph.org/home debate visualisation tool
5. http://searchengineland.com/official-the-google-wonder-wheel-is-gone-84105?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=feed-main wonderwheel, wonderwheel alternatives http://www.itwire.com/business-it-news/technology/46660-yometa-in-search-of-the-perfect-search yometa http://www.listio.com/web20/app/Yometa/ “what most people don’t know is that search results are different among the three largest search engines. In fact, there is only a 3% overlap in search results between them for the top 100 search terms. This means 97% of the results on the three engines are different.”
6. http://ow.ly/1uhDE8 ‘Publishing News: Survey finds ereader ownership doubled in six months’
7. http://theedublogger.com/2011/05/11/the-why-and-how-of-using-facebook-for-educators-no-need-to-be-friends-at-all/ The Why and How of Using Facebook For Educators – No Need to be Friends At All!
8. http://resourcelinkbce.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/info-what-developing-visual-literacy-through-infographics/ Info-what? Developing visual literacy through infographics
9. 7 Platforms Changing the Future of Publishing http://zite.to/j3hOlq
10. Turn a paper based book into an interactive book with QR Codeshttp://t.co/Ngp69G7
11. Book Depository to “operate independently” of Amazon http://zite.to/meKnAk
12. The Power of Open (Creative Commons licensing)http://t.co/GlczLxF
13. http://edudemic.com/2010/07/the-35-best-web-2-0-classroom-tools-chosen-by-you/ web 2.0 tools
14. http://www.pcworld.com/article/234825/9_reasons_to_switch_from_facebook_to_google.html 9 Reasons to Switch from Facebook to Google+takeout http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/30/google-takeout/
15. infographics http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/neverendingsearch/2011/06/29/infographics/
16. vocab games http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/8-quick-online-word-games-play-vocabulary/
17. edheads http://www.edheads.org/ science, math, and critical thinking.
18. The 2011 Inkys http://rhondda.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/the-inky-awards-2011-longlist/
19. Flipback books arrive in Australia. post:http://bit.ly/kYGfkR
20. current research on eReader ownership.
Filed under: Uncategorized