Promoting out Overdrive eZRead https://www.smore.com/m6naq-ahs-library-ezread-ebooks?ref=email
Also see: http://www.softlinkint.com/ezread/
Why we use Oliver from Softlink as our catalogue:
- links everything in one place – pdfs, Clickview, all ebooks
- creates excel spreadsheet for billing bookhire consumables, lost books
- prints out picking list for textbook hire from school timetable – so students get page with their name and all textbooks and consumables they need to collect
- plus more
What are your 10 favourite books?
Mine at this moment: Pride and Prejudice by Austen, City of Bones series, Clockwork Prince series, The Demon’s Lexicon trilogy, Harry Potter series, Hex Hall series, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, Lord of the Rings series, Curse Workers series, Hold Me Closer Necromancer, The Life of A Teenage Bodysnatcher,Uglies series, Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, Eleanor and Park by Rowell (No this is not ten and have also cheated by adding series. I go to book clubs with adults for therapy, as it appears I am addicted to teen fiction)
What is it?
Scootle is a content discovery portal for Australian teachers containing more than 22,000 teaching resources. It includes features that support teachers to organise digital content and lessons.
Why go there?
• As well as heaps of great teaching resources, there are many great interactive activities – called Learning Objects that are fun!
• For QLD teachers, it has many C2C resources.
• It has collaborative spaces for students that teachers can set up for students
• Scootle Community has lots of free professional learning for teachers: ScootleLive http://live.scootle.edu.au/ and http://live.scootle.edu.au/2014/06/19/scootle-community-new-look-coming- soon/ Scootle
• Learning Paths are great to use with students. See http://live.scootle.edu.au/2014/06/20/scootle-learning-paths/
• 10 good reasons http://blog.scootle.edu.au/files/2013/07/10-ways-1oibkvj.jpg
Scootle home page
https://www.scootle.edu.au/ec/p/home for Australian teachers only, need to login to access resources
How to register
Go to http://www.scootle.edu.au/ec/preregister.action To begin, please enter your education email address, for example .gov.au or .edu.au. If you don’t use an email address with a common teaching extension, or if you need further assistance, please email us: email@example.com
Subscribe to Sccootle Newsletter at
Bit out of date now, but still fairly useful, main change – used Advanced Search to choose year levels, subjects etc https://www.scootle.edu.au/ec/pages/user_guide/Scootle_UserGuide_April_11_lowres.pdf
Exporting, emailing or creating pdf from scootle search
Scootle learning paths https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYB5kya7YU0&feature=youtu.be