What is it?
Scootle is a content discovery portal for Australian teachers containing more than 22,000 teaching resources. It includes features that support teachers to organise digital content and lessons.
Why go there?
• As well as heaps of great teaching resources, there are many great interactive activities – called Learning Objects that are fun!
• For QLD teachers, it has many C2C resources.
• It has collaborative spaces for students that teachers can set up for students
• Scootle Community has lots of free professional learning for teachers: ScootleLive http://live.scootle.edu.au/ and http://live.scootle.edu.au/2014/06/19/scootle-community-new-look-coming- soon/ Scootle
• Learning Paths are great to use with students. See http://live.scootle.edu.au/2014/06/20/scootle-learning-paths/
• 10 good reasons http://blog.scootle.edu.au/files/2013/07/10-ways-1oibkvj.jpg
Scootle home page
https://www.scootle.edu.au/ec/p/home for Australian teachers only, need to login to access resources
How to register
Go to http://www.scootle.edu.au/ec/preregister.action To begin, please enter your education email address, for example .gov.au or .edu.au. If you don’t use an email address with a common teaching extension, or if you need further assistance, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Sccootle Newsletter at
Bit out of date now, but still fairly useful, main change – used Advanced Search to choose year levels, subjects etc https://www.scootle.edu.au/ec/pages/user_guide/Scootle_UserGuide_April_11_lowres.pdf
Exporting, emailing or creating pdf from scootle search
Scootle learning paths https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYB5kya7YU0&feature=youtu.be