1. Private school student numbers boom http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/4221.0Media%20Release12009?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=4221.0&issue=2009&num=&view=
2. Web 2.- comic, cartoon, animation tools http://web2educationuk.wetpaint.com/page/Comics+and+Cartoons LOTE- go animate looks good http://goanimate.com/ also kids version http://domo.goanimate.com/studio
3. Fantastic across the story bridge display from Raeanne McLean http://juniorlibrary.globalstudent.org.au/book-week-2010/
4. Reading lists by year level http://www.netvibes.com/discoverycollegelibrary#Reading_Lists and http://www.netvibes.com/discoverycollegelibrary#Reading_programs%2Fblogs and http://www.aslansw.org.au/pubs/bookslit.htm#Children%27s%20Literature%20Sites
6. Lote audio visual resources http://www.languageplus.com.au/boutique/Home.php
7. Is it legal for libraries to lend kindles? Some are doing it http://ireaderreview.com/2009/06/16/libraries-lending-kindle/ but is it legal? Has anyone checked if it is legal for school libraries to lend kindles and kindle digital content? See the following sections from the US Amazon site below. Schools are not usually considered to be “personal non-commercial use” and libraries are in the business of “distribut[ing] to third parties” which it states is not permitted.
Use of Digital Content Upon your payment of the applicable fees set by Amazon, Amazon grants you the non-exclusive right to keep a permanent copy of the applicable Digital Content and to view, use, and display such Digital Content an unlimited number of times, solely on the Device or as authorized by Amazon as part of the Service and solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Digital Content will be deemed licensed to you by Amazon under this Agreement unless otherwise expressly provided by Amazon.
Restrictions Unless specifically indicated otherwise, you may not sell, rent, lease, distribute, broadcast, sublicense or otherwise assign any rights to the Digital Content or any portion of it to any third party, and you may not remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Digital Content. In addition, you may not, and you will not encourage, assist or authorize any other person to, bypass, modify, defeat or circumvent security features that protect the Digital Content.
8. A moderated photo community with over 3000 CC licensed photos in various categories http://openphoto.net/ from http://pre2009.flexiblelearning.net.au/flx/webdav/shared/ACT/Quick_Reference_Guide_to_Finding_Creative_Commons_Material.pdf
9. Using games to promote information literacy http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july10/markey/07markey.html BiblioBouts research
10. Spotlight on middle and high school literacy http://www.edweek.org/ew/marketplace/products/spotlight-middle-high-school-literacy.html