1. I find fugle fun http://www.pbs.org/teachers/innovators/gallery/entries/35/
2. 3D multi-user environment to immerse children, ages 9-16, in educational tasks http://atlantis.crlt.indiana.edu/ enrichment classes, students in years 7 and 8, not just gifted students, very broad range of students, high enjoyment, used with English class and Science class
3. Essentials for learning http://www.slideshare.net/doug0077/essential-conditions
4. Reading http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/LeaderTalk/2010/03/reviving_reading_the_death_of.html tumbletown tales http://www.uen.org/tumbletown/ Authors http://www.pickabook.co.uk/childrens-authors-websites.aspx countdown continues http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/blog/1790000379/post/690053469.html?nid=3713
5. School Library impact studies http://www.lrs.org/impact.php Applying epigenetics to libraries http://theunquietlibrarian.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/applying-the-principles-of-epigenetics-for-a-revolution-in-school-librarianship/ The Atlas of new teacher-librairianship http://quartz.syr.edu/rdlankes/blog/?p=977 Netvibes pathfinder http://www.flickr.com/photos/theunquietlibrary/4460000077/
6. Gmail http://slickaffiliate.com/ultimate-guide-to-googles-gmail/
7. Digital citizenship wiki http://slav.globalteacher.org.au/2010/03/25/digital-citizenship-wiki/
8. Eye witness to history http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/
9. E-readers/the ipad – is that all there is? http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6723753.html?desc=topstory
10. From Colleen Foley, Manager, School Libraries and Information Literacy unit – More resources for School Libraries Inquiry – online forum http://currk12.janison.com/ Use it to share ideas and think about your own submissions, or to let us know what you’d like included in our DET submission. All are welcome to join.
Useful resources :
School libraries building capacity for student learning 21C http://www.curriculumsupport.education.nsw.gov.au/schoollibraries/assets/pdf/Schoollibraries21C.pdf (includes a capacity building tool)
School libraries 21C: the conversation begins http://www.curriculumsupport.education.nsw.gov.au/schoollibraries/assets/pdf/21cexsum.pdf Executive summary of School libraries 21C http://schoollibraries21c.edublogs.org/
ASLA http://www.asla.org.au/policy/ (Standards of professional excellence for teacher librarians)
DET http://www.curriculumsupport.education.nsw.gov.au/schoollibraries/ppub/index.htm policy and support documents.
When going to the forum http://currk12.janison.com/ select ‘Government school libraries inquiry’ from Public Study Groups on the left menu. Topics in the discussion reflect the Inquiry terms of reference.
You can also get to the forum from these two pages: http://www.curriculumsupport.education.nsw.gov.au/schoollibraries/index.htm
Also from Karen Bonanno -ASLA Online Blog
by direct email to email@example.com