1. Don’t be scared- reading is work http://areaderscommunity.blogspot.com/2010/03/about-readers-workshop-scariest-thing.html Let them read, what they want, at least some of the time
2. Free Reader’sTheaterScripts! http://www.havefunteaching.com/reading-worksheets/readers-theater Green Eggs and Ham & more!
3. Controversy – Do computer games help real life or not? http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world.html
4. Listen to folktales http://www.speakaboos.com/ and record your own
5. The future of digital diversity http://heyjude.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/the-future-of-digital-diversity/
6. Dumb questions http://edorigami.edublogs.org/2010/03/20/thinking-about-dumb-questions/
7. Entertainment vs. Engagement: Why it’s Imperative Educators Know the Difference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4sbHfu-jo
8. New book promotion http://theunquietlibrary.wordpress.com/2010/03/20/by-request-new-books-are-here/
9. Ideas for submission to inquiry http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/cro/legislationandadvocacy/openletter.cfm
10. Using social media to connect with teens http://tametheweb.com/2010/03/17/using-social-media-to-connect-with-teens/
Highlights in Libraryland from around the world – from twitter, oztlnet, ozteachers, ypulse and elsewhere -thanks for sharing.