Wondering where I find these resources? – click the blue twitter bird image on this blog, then follow who I’m following “Elementary, my dear Watson.” You will see that twitter is not for twits – it’s a treasure trove of learning.
1. What is the best job? http://www.careercast.com/jobs/content/top-200-jobs-2010-jobs-rated#top-ten-list
2. Image above made with Imagechef http://www.imagechef.com/ Darcy’s last love declaration in Pride And Prejudice
3. Prezi now free for schools http://blog.prezi.com/2010/01/24/new-release-features-educational-license-reuse-learn-center/ http://prezi.com/profile/signup/edu/
4. Apples’ tablet and the future of literature http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-akst24-2010jan24,0,3445923.story
5. Google posters http://www.google.com/librariancenter/librarian_tools.html
6. Blogging – new ways of writing for youth – http://www.philly.com/inquirer/image/20100113_Fashion_world_is_agog_over_blogger__13.html
7. Future of online learning – online tutorial application. http://blog.brainhoney.com/
8. Kodu – great 3D game-making environment that was previously only available on the xbox http://fuse.microsoft.com/kodu/
9. Library without staff http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6710470.html
10. A Day in the Life of .. See what other Libarians do and how they do it. Here is Lauren Pressly’s day http://laurenpressley.com/library/2010/01/my-library-day-in-the-life-libday4/ Find more at http://librarydayinthelife.pbworks.com/
Here was My Library Day – Monday, 25 Jan – Highlights only
• Up early – checked twitter on kutano, posted to my blog, made “to do” list for the day
• Daughter’s first day at high school – took photos. Added photo to 365 project .
• Off to school – Year 5, 8 and 12 only today.
• During the day commenced working with Library staff on Year 8 Library inductions, Year 8 English lessons to support unit on their favourite novel, new State Library database initiative and book purchase list. Addressed students at Year 12 Assembly regarding upcoming visit from State Library staff next Tuesday (have made other arrangements for Years 10 and 11 later in the year.) Sent Year 12s email with instructions for getting e-card – put instructions on Moodle. Worked on reflection for Year 10 English class. Planned video to provide a Library induction resource to go on moodle. Finished reading archives draft procedures.
• Lots of visits by Year 8 home groups. Library staff given copier training by Xerox. Located short story resources for English teachers.
• At home, I am reading Open by Andre Agassi, did some exercise on wii while watching Buffy reruns. Checked email, twitter, netvibes. Tried Google Chrome again, but despite the new apps/extensions, I still prefer firefox so far.
• Tuesday is public holiday – YAY as still have Year 10 English planning to do and account work.